Paragliding in the Fraser Valley

I learnt to fly in New Zealand 2 years ago.


Since then i have flown for 30hrs all up, which isn't much. So now i am in Canada I hope to increase my hours.

The flying in NZ is largely effected by sea breezes, where as Canada has more continental style flying. this means more thermals and more opportunities for long flights.

I got involved with the WestCoastSoaringClub (http://www.westcoastsoaringclub.com). I met Robin, the president and we got on well. The club helped me with safety checks on my gear. Then we got out flying:







This was my first picture taken from the wing. in theory you can fly a glider with you hands off the brakes and control direction by shifting your weight like a motor bike.

Letting go of the controls is scary at first, like no hands on a bike.








my lovely knee, looking down at the Landing Zone (LZ).













This is a Picture of Robin flying to the LZ.

No comments: