Alpine adventure

First alpine trip in Canader (apparently this is how i sound=/) anyway....

Chris and I had 4 days in the mtns at Joffre/Matier (this is 1.5hrs north of Van) and it rocked

I learned heaps (including a boot axe belay) and we got stunning weather.
The Joffre lakes trail take you to the glacier (4hrs at around 2000m) another couple of hrs and a tied back and we camped at the col (2240m-ish) and i am sooo unfit
The rock was solid though and we got two great rock routes in (a 5.6 and a 5.9) this is Chris on the harder pitch.
I forgot my sun glasses and had to peer through my top, whoops!!
And a picture from the walk in, a big slog and at the time i wondered why I ever head for alpine trips, but it was well worth the slog.

No comments: