xc paragliding

Recently I have been giving paragliding a lot of thought.

Its actually pretty tempting to walk away from a sport that takes lots of money and seams to waste endless time usually due to weather conditions.
The Okanagan valley (flyok.ca/) is a great place to progress, so im giving it one more try.

Inspired by a new friend, Arik who is keen to ride bikes when the thermals arnt working and help me out with XC, I am one a new wing with hopes of flying to cloud base and then cross country this sumer.

The video is me reverse launching the new wing (niviuk hook)



These are a couple of Arik pictures, a 2 day Bivi XC trip near Pemberton and flying high over the Vallhalla mountains near Kelowna.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

dafty that's awesome!!! I would have skipped a day of climbing to fly too! Rock is always there, but you've got to catch the thermals while you can!

Unknown said...

I like how you mention giving up flying AND your new glider in the same post ;)